The AIA/CES Program
AIA members are required to complete 18 learning units every year with a minimum of 8 units in the category of Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW). All Won-Door education and training seminars are AIA registered and qualify for HSW Learning Units.
About the Seminars
Few life safety components are as essential to building design as means of egress. Won-Door education and training seminars examine code provisions that permit the use of complying horizontal sliding fire doors in a means of egress and present the applications where this technology can be used to solve complex design and life safety issues. The seminars can be presented as “lunch box” programs and are also available as an on-line education program (see below).
The seminars include:
- a comprehensive review of the code language and performance criteria
- a demonstration video
- a presentation of common applications
Learning Unit Options
This education and training program meets the AIA/CES criteria. Members will receive a certificate for learning units which will be reported directly to CES.
- Sliding Doors in a Means of Egress: An Analysis of Recent Changes to Model Codes is offered as a 1-hour seminar for 1 HSW Learning Unit.
- Opening Protective Requirements in Fire & Smoke Walls is offered for 1 HSW Learning Unit.
The person responsible for presenting the seminar:
- is an experienced Won-Door™ employee who has demonstrated mastery of the subject through extensive training,
- has successfully completed a comprehensive certification examination and
- is a knowledgeable industry professional who has completed the CSI CDT requirements.
How To Schedule
To schedule an education and training seminar for a firm or a chapter meeting or for more information contact your local sales representative or call 800-453-8494.
This popular AIA/CES approved education & training seminar is now available online at the Architectural Record Continuing Education Center.
Special-purpose horizontal sliding accordion or folding door assemblies allow freedom of design while meeting egress requirements found in IBC and NFPA.
To access the course and receive credit click on the following link:
Successful completion of the course qualifies for:
- 1 AIA LU/HSW
- 0.1 IACET CEU (International Association for Continuing Education and Training)